Wednesday 12 December 2018

Malaysian Food

Hello my sunflowers:)

Hope everyone is doing great and is having a wonderful week so far.

Guess what today is? IT'S WEDNESDAY! Which means time for some Wednesday favourites :) 

So if you follow me on social media you would know that I moved to Malaysia 5 months ago. If you are new to my blog, well now you know haha. I am in love with Malaysian cuisine. Before I moved to Malaysia I used to think that maybe I would not enjoy the food once I moved to Asia. But I was very amazed at how great the food is here. I know some dishes don't look good but it tastes AMAZING! So I'm going to post a few of my top favourite meals in Malaysia that I eat weekly because it is THAT delicious.

Let's get started shall we :)

1. Naan, Roti Cania and Tandoori chicken

Oh my goodness!!! this is my ultimate favourite thing to eat in Malaysia. The funny thing is I was very hesitant to try the Tandoori chicken because where I come from in South Africa we don't have chicken that is red lol. Also the sauces didn't look as great. HOWEVER, it is amazing. 

The first picture is Tandoori Chicken. It's only just chicken that has red colouring. 



This second picture is roti cania. I cannot explain what this tastes like haha but it does not taste like bread though. Just try it, it's real real good:)


The third picture is naan bread. I love naan more than roti mania. Why? because it is more filling and it tastes really good. The picture below is garlic naan.




2. Mutrabak 

This is mutrabak. Mutrabak is pan fried bread or pancake. What is inside is mince meat. 
You can choose to have chicken, lamb and beef to be part of the topping inside. 
I loved this much more than naan


3. Fried Noodles 

This is another Malaysian cuisine. Malaysians love noodles!There are a lot of different meals they make out of noodles, and this picture below is one of my favourite. Inside the noodles is prawns and some jalapeƱo. Another thing Malaysians love is spicy food and as you can see this is quite spicy but is amazing as well.


This is another dish that has noodles. ONE thing that is part of Malaysian culture is egg. Malaysians put egg on every single dish. At first I used to think that it is quite boring and annoying  but as time went by, I truly enjoyed it, IT IS AMAZING! Inside this meal is fried chicken, noodles and an egg. 


4.Rice and egg

Another Malaysian dish is rice. Almost every Malaysian dish has rice, the same way it has eggs on it. The picture below is mushroom soup with rice and egg.


This dish also had rice, egg , potatoes and some chicken. THIS WAS AMAZING!!



5.  Awwwww one of my ultimately favourite meals!! I don't know the name of this haha but I do know that it is chicken, with cheese  sauce , rice and some vegatbles. The chicken in there was amazing!! You guys have to try this out. You can get this by rock cafe in Sunway, Selganor. 



This is the same dish but what is different is that the chicken is fried here and had mushroom sauce and not cheese sauce. Tastes really good as well but I prefer the one above. 

6.  Black burger

Have you ever seen a black burger? I was so terrified when I saw this for the first time, because why would anyone want to eat a burger that is burned ? or looks burned ? hahaha but it is really amazing. By the way, the burger buns have food colouring that is why they are black. It tastes really amazing!

7. Last but not least! squid!! This is one of my top 3 favourite food to eat. This is squid (for anyone that does not know what squid is, it is seafood), it has some cheese on it, egg, rice and of course vegetables. This is a definitely a must try. You can also get this at rock cafe. 

Well that is it for now my sunflowers:) Malaysia has a lot more of food you can try. If you live in Malaysia or you have been there before, tell me what are some of your favourite foods to eat, maybe I can try them as well. 

REMEMBER to stay blessed, kind, honest and BEAUTIFUL. 


You can follow me on the following social media networking sites:

Instagram: Onthatile_Sekano
Snapchat: osekano02
Facebook: Onthatile Sekano

You can also send me an email if you have any questions at osekano@icloud.com


xoxo
Onthatile

No comments:

Post a Comment